Finding the Right Practice

Having difficulty finding a doctor that will register you?

Everyone resident within the UK for more than 3 months is entitled to be registered with an NHS doctor.

Most people do not have a problem registering (a full list of all North Yorkshire doctors can be found at However on occasions people will experience difficulties being accepted at a practice.

If you are having difficulties, you can write to:

Primary Care Support England
P O Box 350

requesting formal allocation, although ideally you need to try at least 2 to 3 practices before you contact them.

If you are still having problems then you, or a 3rd party on your behalf, should write to the above address stating the names and addresses of the doctors you have tried.

They will also need details about you (your full name, date of birth, address and NHS number if you have it.)

You will then be allocated a doctor as soon as possible, and NYFHS will write to you confirming this.

You will not have a choice as to the doctor that you are allocated, as this is administered on a strict rotational basis.